The EBC is a registered charity whose mission is:
- to establish, maintain and manage a system of nature reserves in the area of the Niagara Escarpment (including the Niagara Escarpment World Biosphere Reserve), including the maintenance of physical features of scientific and/or ecological, cultural, historic or scenic interest; to maintain, enhance or restore areas of native species or natural habitat: and to encourage and support scientific research and educational services related thereto
- to educate the public about conservation and preservation of the landscape, ecology and wildlife of the Niagara Escarpment partly through providing low impact, ecologically sustainable recreational opportunities which complement and do not substantially conflict with this objective.
We achieve our goal by:
- acquisition through purchase or donation
- establishing conservation agreements
- fundraising for the above
You can help. Join us or get involved. Together we can protect this precious resource for future generations.
Charitable number 88878 2570 RR 0001