Become a Member of EBC!
Donate $35 to become an annual member, eligible to vote at the AGM. Free for students and Indigenous peoples. Learn more below. Members support our mission of building nature preserves and educating the public about conservation. Pay $95 for 3 years. Pay $250 for 4 years - a premium that offers the charity extra financial support.
Why become a member of EBC?
EBC conserves land now and for the future. Become a member so you can vote at our AGM in June each year. We make your membership count! Membership is free for Indigenous Peoples, students, and anyone for whom paying a fee on our website is an obstacle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the EBC board to waive the membership fee. Membership is available to anyone who is interested in advancing EBC's mission and who pays the fee or obtains a waiver.
Support our 25+ year practice of establishing, maintaining and managing a system of nature reserves. Our mission:
- Preserve ecologically valuable sites in Ontario, or sites of scientific or cultural significance.
- Enhance or restore areas of native species or natural habitat.
- Educate the public about conservation through outreach, events and sustainable recreation.
More members = more land conserved. More land conserved = more habitat for species at risk and more undeveloped places to hike! For just $35 for a yearly membership, your money supports all of the above.
As a member of EBC, you will receive up-to-date information on upcoming events and news through our monthly newsletter, BioSphere, as well as our biannual Precipice newsletter. Be the first to learn about volunteering opportunities and contests we hold by becoming a member.
If you are still unsure whether becoming a member is right for you, then see if any of the following apply to you:
- Do you care about creating wilderness preserves in Ontario?
- Do you want to help remove invasive species?
- Are you a birder interested in hiking to rich birding habitats?
- Are you an avid hiker, looking to explore beautiful new places in Ontario?
- Do you have small children looking for new weekend adventures?
- Are you seeking a break from the hustle and bustle of city life to reconnect with nature?
- Do you want to plant more trees?
- Are you hoping to improve your naturalist knowledge and join like-minded people on while protecting our preserves?
If you answered yes to any of the above then join here!